Should I use Registry Cleaners?

SeedTheNet

Shortanswer is No

I've used CCleaner for a good time , but their recent move to Avast has added lot of data transmission to Avast and in the same time it was packed with a malware since the time of the move , but since that , it has been fixed

Anyway it is recommended by Microsoft not to touch the registry , as cleaning them won't have any kind of performance improvements as Registry will never grow and be heavy to the computer.

Seeding the net..

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, SeedTheNet said:

Shortanswer is No

I've used CCleaner for a good time , but their recent move to Avast has added lot of data transmission to Avast and in the same time it was packed with a malware since the time of the move , but since that , it has been fixed

Anyway it is recommended by Microsoft not to touch the registry , as cleaning them won't have any kind of performance improvements as Registry will never grow and be heavy to the computer.

Really, if it's used the good one is better used to clean up temporary files.

11 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Really, if it's used the good one is better used to clean up temporary files.

I used to clean Temp files and registry etc , but those days I just don't do

Windows will eventually do it by itself, unless I need to free up some disk space I start removing things.

• Thanks 1
Seeding the net..

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2022 at 3:20 AM, SeedTheNet said:

Eu costumava limpar arquivos Temp e registro etc., mas naqueles dias eu simplesmente não faço

O Windows acabará fazendo isso sozinho, a menos que eu precise liberar algum espaço em disco, começo a remover as coisas.

Have you ever heard about the DISM++ tool? It does a very good job of cleaning your computer.

11 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Have you ever heard about the DISM++ tool? It does a very good job of cleaning your computer.

I bet this is a GUI for the command DISM

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

I will take a look at it , thanks for suggestion brother.:classic_smile:

Seeding the net..

On 12/31/2023 at 6:38 AM, SeedTheNet said:

I bet this is a GUI for the command DISM

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

I will take a look at it , thanks for suggestion brother.:classic_smile:

Yes, but there is a tool that makes it easier to avoid typing commands. I will put the link.

https://dism.softonic.com.br