Ubuntu MATE Focal Fossa
What changed since the Ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS?
Those of you who follow the desktop Linux news will know that upstream MATE Desktop recently released version 1.24. Ubuntu MATE 20.04 is shipping with MATE Desktop 1.24. Thus, all of the improvements in MATE Desktop 1.24 are present in Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS.
Since the last LTS we worked on the following:
- Added multiple coloured theme variations as one-click installs for those of you who simply don’t like Chelsea Cucumber
- Added experimental ZFS install option.
- Added GameMode from Feral Interactive.
- Fixed several crashers in Brisk Menu and added keyboard navigation.
- Fixed panel layout switching which is now stable and reliable via MATE Tweak Tweak and Ubuntu MATE Welcome.
- Fixed rendering window controls on HiDPI displays.
- Fixed irregular icon sizes in MATE Control Center and made them render nicely on HiDPI displays.
- Fixed unresponsive Caja extensions.
mate-power-managerto use upower-glib
- Fixed unresponsive Pluma plugins.
Fixed a crasher in MATE Dock Applet due to an Attribute error in
Fixed auto-start errors in
- Fixed saving/restoring custom panel layouts via MATE Tweak.
- Gave Ubuntu MATE Welcome a fresh coat of .
- Updated the Ubuntu MATE Guide
- Updated the Ubiquity Slideshow
More information about changes are available in Ubuntu MATE blog :
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is due to be released on April 23, 2020